Electronic document management has helped a lot in bridging the gaps of information and document dissemination by its widespread coverage. It has changed the business communication, hospital management system and many others. The time consuming and slow information system brought by air mail, fax and telegrams have long been obsolete though some still use them today.
But as the amount of information continues to increase, the problem with document dissemination centers on management of data itself. It is a problem of adequate data management. It is necessary to make effective use of valuable time on something effective and which will get the job done without much hassle.
The complete form of EDMS includes the following:
• Document management system (DMS): DMS refers to the system that helps in managing documents. The content of a document and transmittal is usually sent to the customer’s file and the details of the document are stored in the file. The content may be marked with the date of creation, date of modification, the date of origin and other such date related information.
• Distribution management system (DRP): DRP refers to the system which helps in the proper scheduling and distribution of documents within an enterprise. The content of the documents may be stored in a central server for the purpose of document retention and retrieval.
• File management system (FMS): FMS refers to the system which helps in retrieval and management of files. The files may be stored in a database or a simple file.
• Records management system (RMS): RMS refers to the system which helps in the assurance of quality of the records in an organization. The quality of a document can be ensured with the help of records management.
• Document control system (DMS): DMoS refers to the system which helps in the proper management of documents like bill of materials, inventory, shipping, quality control, pre manufacturing, signing off work instructions, joint work, quality assurance etc.
• Transmittal system (TRS):TRS refers to the system which helps in the transmission of electronic files like electronic mail, fax, e-mail, voice, body. The data is stored in the database. The system also helps in the protection of the data from unauthorized access.
• Document database management (D DMBS): DMBS refers to the system which helps in storing the electronic files. The data which are stored in the database once saved in the computer.
• Balanced scorecard management (BSCM): The balanced scorecard is the tool which is used for strategic management. It is an effective solution for organizational managers. They can use this tool for half a year to strategic planning. All the managers of the organization should be familiar with the balanced scorecard.
• Time clock: This is also referred to as Time & attendance system. This is a biometric system useful for the employees in recording the arrival and departure of the employees. The system consists of hardware and software. When these are installed, the software of the system takes control of the whole work of the clock by means of finger prints, voice, and eye retina.
clocks and time attendance maintenance are the main applications of Mentionrelationship Management Systems (MMS), the most useful software for all types of organizations or businesses. The main goal is to optimize the quality of the work and to increase the efficiency of the organizations. The main features of the Time Attendance software are discussed below:
• Configurable and scalable
• Capability of supporting c systems, o systems and other applications
• adjust to pops
• able to stand on its own
Mentionrelationship Management systems, are an effective solution for all the organizations and businesses, because they are flexible, easy to use, equip the employees with the information and freedom to analyze and superior performance. They also record the employee’s performance, behavior and transportation behavior, making the data accurate and effective in the management process. Moreover, implementations of such systems, result in reduction of the storage space in the office and save the investment of paper resources.
clock is one of the most important parts of aPassword management software! It is the most common Assistant of every organization. It manages usernames and passwords and controls the data securely. clock is mightier than a sword because it is so versatile. In addition to it, it is unobtrusive. clock monitors the performances of the employees, as well as the whole system. It continually collects data to enable the top-level managers to analyze the factors that influence and are thereby capable to make worthy decisions.
The data collected throughtout the systemControlling the data, is the prime responsibility of the managers. They should collect their own data from the system and should correlate the data that are characteristic to their organization.